First Day of School

There has been so much going on around here that I just have not been able to blog. Caring for 2 kids is no joke and they have consumed all of my time. I live by the “my children come first” sentiment when it comes to doing things, so the blog had been all but abandoned.  I didn’t want it to be this way, but I honestly have not been able to formulate an original thought since having Madison, therefore I had not been able to actually write as I would have liked. But this is all changing as they are getting older and I’m going to make a point of at least writing one post a week.

Sebastian has officially started school as of last Monday. He has entered PreK at our local public school and to say it’s been a mixed bag of emotions for both of us would be an understatement.

He had been so excited about the concept of school and has been looking forward to starting school for such a long time now. We started the registration process back in January and I had been speaking to him about it since then. So here we are at the end of August and the BIG DAY finally arrived. He was so nervous and so excited to venture off into this new normal that the night before he couldn’t sleep from nerves. He officially fell asleep close to 11 pm and had to be up at 7 am. This did not bode well with him. It was rough trying to get him out of bed that morning, and trying to get him dressed and moving in the right direction, which is a change because normally he’s the one trying to get us out of bed.

We drove to his school and walked him to his class. On the way there, I could see the nervousness on his face. He would look around the school at all the kids and was getting a feel for all of them. We reached his classroom and got him settled into his seat. Suddenly his face lit up.

Wow mom!! Look at all the toys!!!!

Now he started getting excited.

It was time to say our goodbyes so we gave him a big hug and a big kiss and set the expectations for when school let out. I let him know that Mommy and Maddie will be back to pick him up soon but Daddy would be at work. He looked sad about us leaving but he didn’t cry.

Mommy, on the other hand, tried to hold out. I tried really hard not to cry, but when I saw the garbage truck (my son’s favorite) on the way home from dropping him off, the waterworks started. I wasn’t a blubbering fool, but I was sad about this new stage my little boy was starting.

People have been telling me since his birth to cherish every moment because it goes by so fast, and it really does. Time just seems to have flown past us. This little boy who I worked so hard to conceive, who was in such a hurry to be born that he couldn’t wait until he was head down and in position to come, seems to also be in a rush to grow up and I am just not ready for him to grow up yet. I am not ready for him to be in school already. How did we get here so quickly?


You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *